Sunday 4 November 2012

Books

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I have an inexplicable love for the Deep South. I trace it back to my second year Modernisms course in which we were assigned Faulkner's As I Lay Dying and I fell in love with the atmosphere of the book. Since then I've devoured pretty much any and all books that are set in the Deep South.

Like any other bibliophile, I go through phases with my reading. Currently I am in the throes of my Deep South readings, so here is a photographic list of the books I've recently read, am currently reading or plan to read soon.
This one is not related to the Deep South. I have just been anxious to read it!
Tennessee Williams has been my favourite writer in the whole world ever since I discovered that he has written all the secrets of my soul. When I'm feeling a bit down or lonely, or even if I'm just happy to be alive, I pick up his collection of poems and wallow in the joy of having him as my kindred spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment